Can you believe that fall is here!? Like as in it’s in FULL SWING!? Summer just flew by, but I can’t say I’m mad about it because fall is my favorite time of the year! As much as I love all the things that come with fall, what I don’t love are the germs and the sickness that comes with fall. We do our best to not only avoid and prevent those things, but to boost our wellness and keep ourselves healthy through the fall and winter.
If you’re wanting to avoid the yuckies and stay healthy this winter too, here are some tips on how to do so!
How to Keep Yourself Healthy this Fall/Winter:
1. Drink plenty of water.
It is so important that we drink enough water each day to stay healthy because if we become even a little dehydrated, our bodies and organs will not function at their best. Water does so much to help our bodies function everyday. It helps maintain the balance of bodily fluids, it helps energize muscles, it supports healthy skin, promotes proper kidney and digestive function, and more. Make sure you are drinking an adequate amount for your body type. A good rule of thumb is to drink about half your bodyweight in ounces. For example, a woman who weighs 140 pounds would want to drink about 70 ounces of water a day. Of course, this can vary depending on environmental and lifestyle factors.
2. Get plenty of quality sleep.
When it comes to our health, it is important that we not only get enough sleep, but that we also are getting quality sleep! Getting enough sleep contributes to a well functioning immune system, while not getting enough sleep can contribute to illness and a weakened immune system. Our health also depends on getting quality sleep, which is why sometimes we can get a full night’s sleep and wake up feeling unrested. When we are in the REM sleep cycle, our immune system is actually boosted, so our health and our sleep are very much connected. Here are some tips for getting quality sleep.
– Turn off electronics and bright lights one hour before bed.
– Diffuse essential oils and apply them topically 3o minutes before bed to create a relaxing and restful environment.
– Don’t eat food late in the evening.
To read more about using essential oils for restful sleep, see this post.
3. Use Essential Oils daily to boost wellness.
There is so much I can say about using essential oils to stay healthy, I could write an entire post on just this topic! Instead, I’ll tell you 5 ways that you can use oils daily to boost your health.
– Diffuse Thieves to clean the air and promote wellness.
– Roll a wellness roller on the bottom of your feet every evening. My wellness roller recipe is: 10 drops thieves, 10 drops lemon, 5 drops oregano, 5 drops frankincense, topped off with carrier oil.
– Add 1 drop of Lemon Vitality oil to your water. Lemon vitality is an incredible oil with amazing benefits. Lemon essential oil is alkaline, so it will help balance your body’s pH level which will boost your immune system.
– Use oils that balance your emotions. Did you know that when we are stressed it weakens our immune system and we are more at risk for getting sick? Diffuse and apply emotional balancing oils daily to help relieve stress and keep your emotions balanced, which will in turn help you stay healthy! Some of my favorite emotional balance oils are: Stress Away, Valor, Peace & Calming, Release, and Frankincense.
– Drink Thieves Tea! In the fall and winter, I drink Thieves Tea often because it does such a good job at boosting my wellness. Thieves Tea is very easy to make. Simply heat up a mug of water, then add 2 drops of Lemon Vitality, 1 drop of Thieves Vitality, and raw honey to taste. It tastes like fall, soothes your throat, and boosts your immune system! To read an entire post about Thieves Tea click here!
4. Take Daily Supplements to Help you Stay Healthy.
In addition to essential oils, there are so many amazing supplements you can take to stay healthy in the winter. Supplements are important because they give nutrients and vitamins that we may not get in food- nutrients that our bodies need to function at their best! Here are 4 supplements that can help you stay healthy.
– Ningxia Red is an incredible drink that is full of antioxidants and amazing for boosting your health. You can read more about Ningxia Red here.
– Probiotics. Did you know that your immune system and your gut are directly related? They sure are! In order to have a strong immune system, we have to have a healthy gut. Which is why we take Probiotics daily. Life 9 is an amazing probiotic for adults and Mightypro is our go-to probiotic for children- both made by our favorite wellness company, Young Living!
– Vitamin C is probably the most well known way to boost your immune system! Because our bodies do not make Vitamin C, we must get our Vitamin C from the food we eat or from supplements. Research shows that Vitamin C helps maintain a healthy immune system, helps you from getting sick, ad repairs tissue all over the body. To get our daily Vitamin C content, we take Super C from Young Living.
– Vitamin D is another supplement that is vital to our health and wellness. A recent Harvard study showed that Vitamin D helps protect against colds, flu, and other illnesses. When taking Vitamin D, it is best to take Vitamin D3. Vitamin D2 is usually fortified and sourced from synthetic sources, whereas D3 comes from animal sources.
I hope this information was helpful to you, friends!! What do you do to stay healthy in the winter? Cheers to staying well and above the wellness line, all season long!