I’m not quite sure how it’s already June. HOW are we halfway through 2019!? Is anyone else out there wondering the same thing, or is it just me??
I feel like the days continue going faster and faster, so I’m trying to force myself to slow down a little as we enter this new month. I’m laying in bed a little longer, drinking my coffee a little slower, and dreaming about what the months ahead are going to look like. I’m planning out content and setting big scary goals for my businesses.
This is something that doesn’t come naturally for me. My personality type is one that likes to just “wing it” when it comes to what I am going to post, what goals I’m going to chase, etc. But if I’ve learned anything from running multiple businesses, it’s that not having a plan sets me up for failure. It leaves me feeling frustrated and overwhelmed, and I just end up not doing anything because of those feelings. Since launching my new business, Well Styled Essentials, I’ve been forcing myself to do better at this, but I’m still a work in progress.
Today I wanted to share some tips for planning out your month with you. I know I can’t be the only one here who isn’t the best at planning, so here are some things I’ve found that help me as I try to make this a habit!
1. Start by “brain dumping”. Take everything that is floating around in your brain and put it on paper.
2. Then once you’ve got all your ideas/dreams/goals/thoughts out on paper, it’s time to set goals & expectations for the month.
- What rank are you pushing for this month? Still growing towards a rank…. then choose an OGV increase you are trying to hit!
- What rank are your builders pushing for? What are 2-3 ways you can support them? Not sure, reach out to them! RANK MAP for them: ” Hey Susie, you CAN hit Star this month, this is how you can do it…let’s run together!”
- How are you going to network & share oils with others this month?
- How many hours are you going to devote to your business this month?
- What can you invest financially in your business this month?
3. After you’ve set goals & thought about the questions above to drive your goals, it’s time to think about the different things you need to plan out for the month.
- Are you hosting classes? Get those on the calendar.
- Are you creating content for social media? Plan out the topics of what you’re going to post each day. Use this plan to make notes on what photos you’ll need to take to go along with your posts. If this is an area you struggle with, Well Styled Essentials provides daily prompts & blank planning calendars (along with a ton of other goodies) to make your life easier.
- Are you going live a few times on Facebook & Instagram? Brainstorm some topics, pick a few dates & put them on the calendar.
Whatever you want to do this month to achieve your goals is up to you, but the key is to plan it out! Even if you prefer things to be more organic and less scheduled, you still want to have an idea of what you are trying to achieve, what rank you are pushing for, what rank your builders are pushing for, how much you’re going to work, and what you’re going to spend your time on. The key here: BEING INTENTIONAL AND STRATEGIC with our businesses!
You’ve got this friend. June is going to be a good month, I just know it!